Due to the partnership between Newcastle University and Newcastle Hospitals there are many specialist facilities available to researchers within Newcastle:
- Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trials Research Centre (SBRU)
- Clinical Ageing Research Unit (CARU)
- Newcastle NIHR Biomedical Research Centre in Ageing
- Dental Clinical Research Facility
- Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre
There is also expertise available via the:
- Clinical Research Facility (CRF)
- Newcastle Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
- Pharmacy (including manufacturing facility)
- Imaging services
- Laboratory services
- Fertility & Genetics service
- Newcastle Biomedicine Cellular Therapies Facility (CTF)
In addition Newcastle University has a full range of services available for commercial use: www.ncl.ac.uk/biomedicine/business/facilities/index.htm
The delivery of nursing support for portfolio research is managed by:
- Paddy Stevenson, NIHR Operations Manager,
- Aileen Burn, Research Matron, and
- Mandy Jarvis, Administration Manager.
This core team is supported by IT and finance personnel.
In addition to the core team there are experienced teams of research nurses, clinical trials officers, study coordinators and data managers working in the Newcastle Hospitals. Each disease area has been assigned their own Research Team Lead to coordinate the provision of research support to investigators.