Spotlight on South East Asia
You are invited to this University networking event (in ‘Pecha Kucha’ format) on 21st March, 13:00 – 15:30, at Newcastle University.
To bring researchers together, from different disciplines and faculties, who have active research or have research interests in sustainable development in ASEAN countries and Bangladesh in order to:
- Highlight Newcastle research taking place in those countries
- Stimulate interdisciplinary research connections through networking
- Hear presentations from 4 visitors from Vietnam, Thailand and Bangladesh who will share their research and also development challenges in their countries
- Position researchers to create links to enable funding applications which require an interdisciplinary approach, such as Global Challenges Research Funding and Newton fund
There will be dynamic ‘Pecha-Kucha’ style presentations and networking over refreshments.
Pecha-Kucha is a dynamic, rapid method of communication, where presentations are very short and timed.
- Newcastle researchers will be given a template for a 3 minute presentation giving an intro to their research in ASEAN/Bangladesh and their partners.
- The four visitors from Vietnam, Thailand and Bangladesh will each give a 10 minute presentation, to allow more time to cover the in-country challenges.
If you would like to participate, please complete the registration details:
Part of the registration is a short summary of your own research interests in South East Asia/Bangladesh. The summaries will be shared with all participants to further facilitate networking after the event.