Picking which uni you want to go to can be a tough job. There are loads of things to help you like prospectuses and websites, as well as the chance to get on campus with an open day.
Pretty much every university gives you this chance. The question is though, is it worth the trip?
To help you decide if you should hit the road or not, here are our pros and cons of coming to one of our Open Days.
- Walking around campus is a lot different to flicking the glossy pages of a prospectus. It’s your chance to see for yourself what the accommodation is actually like, which buildings you could be studying in every day, the sports facilities you might be training in, and get a real feel for what it’s like to be at uni here.
- There’s only so much you can gauge about student life from The Student Room. Getting yourself onto campus means you can meet current students and ask every single question you can think of; they’re the ones who know the uni the best after all!
- If you’re after some subject-specific knowledge, our Subject Fairs mean you can speak to staff and students on a one-to-one basis to find out more about the degrees you’re interested in – you might even meet one of the lecturers who could be teaching you!
- Heading to one of our Open Days is also a great way to test out how you’ll actually get to uni, and see if the journey is one you could see yourself doing on a regular basis. Newcastle has excellent transport links, providing easy access for the rest of the UK and abroad!
- And of course, you can’t deny a nice day out with the fam – especially when the North East sun is shining!
- Getting to campus could be costly for you, as we all know transport isn’t cheap! One way to cut costs could be to car-share with other friends coming up for the day – it also means you’ve got someone to keep you company for the journey!
- Coming to an Open Day could feel like a whole day of your precious time gone – but trust me, it’ll be worth it when you’re coming home from the day excited and motivated to make the next step towards uni!
Sound good? Don’t miss our next Open Days on Friday 26th & Saturday 27th June.
Got a question? just ask us