There’s loads to do in Newcastle to fill up the long 3 month summer break. Whether you want to have fun, get some experience or earn some money, Newcastle’s got a lot to offer.
You’ll never be stuck for something to do in the toon, but here are my top ideas:
- The Coast – An obvious one but it’s always lovely on a nice day to get out to Tynemouth to play some mini golf and get some fish and chips.
- Have a Picnic – make the most of Newcastle’s green spaces from Heaton Park, Jesmond Dene or Exhibition Park.
- The Quayside Seaside – Have a wander along the annual man made beach and soak up some rays whilst chilling in a deck chair.
- Great North Run – Give the 13.1 mile challenge a go (though make sure you sign up early enough). Or if you don’t fancy that kind of commitment, go along on the day and cheer on the runners from the sidelines.
- The Hoppings – Experience one of Europe’s largest, travelling funfairs which comes to Newcastle’s Town Moor in late June. Waltzers, ferris wheels, candy floss and hook-a-duck – what’s not to love?
Get work experience
You’ve got so much time to fill, so it might be worth being productive and getting some work experience to add to your CV.
- The careers service lists loads of placements and volunteering opportunities online to help you find experience in your desired field, or you could volunteer for a local charity and give back to the community whilst gaining some useful skills.
- But if you fancy earning some money, Newcastle Careers Service offers part and full time work experience placements over the summer. Not only is it great to get hands on experience in a local business, but you get paid too! Yay money!
Got a question? just ask us