Research Open Data Survey

Hi All ,

My name is Alaa Alkrud, and I am a PhD candidate in the Security Group at the School of Computing. I’m supervised by Dr. John Mace from the School of Computing and Dr. Sarah Dunn from the School of Engineering.

As part of my PhD studies, I am conducting a study that will culminate in the development of a socio-technical framework to support researchers throughout the publication process of data in the public domain, while ensuring all compliance requirements are met.

To begin with, we aim to collect some general information about people who have worked on research and who have opened or plan to open their research data and this survey will help us with that. The university’s academic staff, researchers, researcher support, PhD students, MPhil students, and postgraduate students are invited to participate in this survey.

After the survey results are analyzed, we will extend this survey to an interview if the participant agrees. Please note that in taking this survey you will not be required to take further interviews if you do not wish to. We will keep all responses anonymous and confidential, and if you agree to participate, we will use your name and email address to contact you only. Your participation in the survey is completely voluntary and all your responses will be kept confidential. No personally identifiable information will be associated with your responses to any reports of these data. The consent and privacy notice can be found on the first page of this survey.

The survey is very brief and will less than 5 minutes to complete. Please click the link below to be taken to the survey web site.

Survey link:

https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_egmvQ5OsI2jVg7s

If you have any questions, requests, or concerns regarding this research, please contact me via email at a.alkrud2@newcastle.ac.uk.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.

Regards,

Alaa Alkrud.

Category
Tags