Time: approximately three hours (plus teaching time)
This module introduces teachers to formative assessment and considers the different ways formative assessment can be done. The activities address the following questions:
- What is formative assessment?
- How can tasks be used to assess students’ understanding?
- How can technology be used to assess students’ understanding?
- How can this assessment be used to promote learning?
- What kinds of feedback are most helpful for students?
- How can students become engaged in the assessment process?
Click below to access another module:
- Module 1: Introducing formative assessment
- Module 2: Using students’ mistakes to promote learning
- Module 3: Improving questioning
- Module 4: Improving student collaboration
- Module 5: Students becoming assessors
- Module 6: Using technology for formative assessment